Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) - Disclaimer
Warning - the ITP tool is in development and features may change. It should not be relied on in a production environment and should be deployed in tandem with existing controls until this disclaimer is removed.
This tool is not enabled for default users - please contact me via email or the feedback form if you would like to test it.
|Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) - Concepts|
- ITP Templates are used to define the contents and hold points - the structure of the inspection and test plan. All modifications to the ITP structure must be made in this area; they do not hold any live production data.
- Live inspection and test plans are deployed in the ITP area. Each ITP must have a Job Decription and a Template and will have an active Shared Key so that the signatures can be input for each activity by the users.
A sample ITP Template for Pipework Fabrication to Shell DEP 22.214.171.124-Gen is included that is visble to all users of the site. This is not complete because it does not define actual Controlling Procedure or Verifying Document and just indicates generic examples. However, it can be used as a starting template or just to demonstrate the functionality of the live ITP section.
|Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) - Importing Templates|
Often, the starting point for a new ITP Template will be a user's existing spreadsheet. This can be imported as follows:
- In the ITP Templates section, click Add New, give the template a name and click Save.
- Click on the ITP Items link to the left of the new template name in the list. This takes you to the edit screen. At this point, you could manually create a new template using the Add New or Inline Add buttons, but leave these for now.
- Locate and click on the small cog wheel icon near the top right of the window next to your name, then click on IMPORT.
- A dialog box appears where you can drag or drop a CSV or Excel file. You can also click the Browse... button to locate the import file on your device. NB. for Excel files, the ITP rows must be in the first sheet tab.
- If your import file matches the structure exactly (eg. try exporting the sample template), then the import will be almost ready, but often you will see most columns greyed out:-
- Input the number of lines to skip, and use the dropdown boxes to identify the fields to match:-
- When you have identified all the required columns, ensure you also identify the column header row (or just skip it), and your import definition should be ready:-
- Click the Import Data button.
Tip: You can export an existing template as an Excel file and then use this as a basis for creating a new import file with the correct column headers. This can also be useful if you want to make minor changes to an existing template that you don't own.
|Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) - Editing Templates|
Adding and editing template items is fairly intuitive but there are a couple of things to note:
- You can only alter the contents of the template if you are the owner.
- You can change the order of the rows by click-dragging them outside of the fields (the tick box and edit/view icon areas are easiest to use). This can be anyone as it's not currently restricted to the owner but this is not intended. A bug in the development environment is being investigated.
- The Seq(uence) No.s are not used for ordering, so if you alter the row order, these will need to be manually changed to suit. This is a design choice because there is no easy way to order database rows by paragraph numbers, as traditionally used in ITPs (no numeric difference between 1.1 and 1.10 for example)
|Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) - Deployment|
Before doing anything else, ensure that you have entered a Shared Key in your USER PROFILE. All users that will share inputs to the live ITP must use the same Shared Key.
Any user neeing to update the status for activities must also have selected an ITP Role in their USER PROFILE.
To create a new live ITP:-
- Click on the ITP table in the ITPs menu group.
- Then click on the Add New button.
- Enter a Job Description and select the required template from the dropdown list.
- Then click the Save button
- You are then returned to the list of ITPs.
- Click the Populate ITP button on the left of the relevant Job Description. This will copy all the rows in the associated template into the live document.
- Click on the ITP Rows link to access the ITP Activities.
Any user logged in to the system who has the same Shared Key as the owner of the ITP will be able to access the live ITP and update the column that matches their ITP Role.
Clicking on a row will create a popup window where the user can select their name to add their witness/review/hold point acceptance. Changing it back to "Please select" will remove their name, though the date will be retained to note that it has been visited. This date without signature could be used to indicate an issue.
ITPs can be exported via the cogwheel icon , or printed, or exported as a PDF (from the print view )